Thursday, June 17, 2010

ERADICATE POVERTY OF YOUR OWN MIND TO BECOME A REAL HUMAN BEING

Arindam: - Hello, Viewers! Today, in this episode of ‘JAGRATA JANATA’ program in your favorite ‘Royal Bengal Tiger (RBT)’ TV Channel, I am going to meet Monk Myeong. He is the Jagrata Janata of today’s episode. This monk has spent around 10 years of his life to help all the poor children of this hilly area financially. There was no free school in this hilly area. He took the initiative to open a free school in this hilly area for those students, who are from the BPL family. He has even set up a free hospital just at a 1 Km distance from the monastery. Maybe, this Myeong Monk is not the Dalai Lama, but the people of this hilly area regard him as a messenger of God. But, there was a tragedy in this monk’s life. What was that tragedy? We also don’t know. We will find it out from him only.

*************************

Arindam: - Please don’t take me otherwise. But, many local people said that you had a tragedy in the past. What was that tragedy?

Monk Myeong: - 18 years ago, I was just a mere jeep driver of this hilly area. My daily job was to travel up and down through the hilly roads. I married my childhood girlfriend Shilpi. I am a class VIII pass and my wife was a class V pass. She was sweet and very caring towards me. She gave birth to 2 beautiful babies. My son’s name was Vicky and my little daughter’s name was Sonali. We were all happy. One day, I planned to take them to nearby town to attend a festival. On that day, while I was driving my jeep, suddenly, a major landslide took place. Our jeep fell down from that hilly road. Next day, when I woke up in the local hospital, Policemen requested me to identify the three dead bodies. I was still alive with my wallet, which contained the photographs of all my family members. Being depressed, after 1 week of that incident, I tried to commit suicide from a suicide point. I jumped from that point, but, alas, I got struck into a tree and fell into the river water. I was badly injured but still alive. The local people brought me to this monastery, where Monk Nepang was the in-charge. He counseled me like a father. He taught me about life. Somehow, I started changing and then one day, I realized that I have also become a monk like Nepang. Maybe, God has kept me alive to serve the poor people only. Whenever a poor child cries out of hunger, I start feeling as if my children are crying in heaven and wanting help from me. In our times, there were no good schools in this hilly area and my parents were very poor to admit me in any reputed school in the nearby town. That’s why, I remained uneducated, but that should not be the case for our next generation.

Arindam: - If a person like me wants to become a monk, then is it permissible for me?

Monk Myeong: - anytime, Arindam. The door of this monastery is always open for you. When you feel that you are fed up with the selfish, shudder less and succumbing materialistic life; just renounce yourself from that world and get converted to Buddhism. Become an enlightened one and serve for the poor people of the society.

Arindam: - It was nice talking to you. I need to go back now. Thank you for giving your valuable time.

*************************

Arindam: - Viewers! When I was chatting with Monk Myeong, I looked at his eyes. It was sparkling in that moonlit night. Then, I realized that while talking about his past life, tears were coming out automatically from his eyes. A gentleman is not always gentle, but it is also true that his heart is not a hard rock but an ice-berg which also sometimes starts melting. God is really a great gambler, who bet on human’s life. Maybe, that is why, the Supremo of the Universe kept Mr. Myeong alive to serve for the poor. Viewers, after chatting with Monk Myeong, one lesson needs to be learned that to create a peaceful and beautiful world, you should “ERADICATE POVERTY OF YOUR OWN MIND TO BECOME A REAL HUMAN BEING”.

No comments:

Post a Comment